Safe and Educational Online Resources for Your Child
Here are some suggestions to keep your child engaged with learning while at home during the coronavirus pandemic.
1. ABCMouse – online learning content for kids 3-8+ years of age. Provided by the company Age of Learning. District or school leaders can visit www.ageoflearning.com/schoolsto obtain free in-home access to ABCMouse and other programs for their students. For more information, see their media advisory.
2. Recommendations for the whole family by Common Sense Media, a nonprofit dedicated to online safety of minors:
Ø Media recommendations for entertainment Age-appropriate media suggestions to keep the whole family engaged
· Common Sense Selections highlighting the best movies and TV s hows
Ø Resources for at-home learning Tools to help parents and caregivers keep kids focused and learning at home.
Ø Stress-management resources
· When everything feels overwhelming, check out tips for taking in rapidly changing news.
· De-stress together with meditation apps for kid s and families.
· Get the blood flowing and elevate the mood with these 25 dance games (you might need to buy a special control from Amazon).
· Apps, websites, and video games that inspire runn ing, jumping, and more to stay active.